Monday, September 17, 2012

Primary Presentation 2012

We just had our Primary Presentation for Sacrament Meeting yesterday.
The kids have worked so hard all year to learn and love the songs
and it showed, they sang with confidence and with heart.

We had three special musical additions to our program
The first addition was myself, along with the Shumway girls sang
I Have Faith (in the Lord Jesus Christ) as the sunbeams came up to the stand. 

Then the CTR 7 class (the ones who are at the age of baptism this year,
sang the first and second verse of
When I am Baptized with the whole primary coming in on the chorus.

Then we finished the program with the hymn Choose the Right
The primary sang the first verse,
Sister Cox (age 9) played a descant I wrote for her on the organ
for the second verse and the primary came in on the chorus,
then the congregation joined for the third verse.

The kids did such a good job, it was so fun to pass out the
 Olympic Singing Medals I made for them during singing time.

I love teaching primary music, it is the best calling ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment