Tuesday, September 4, 2012

DIY CTR Medals

In singing time I went with the olympic theme
for reviewing songs for the Primary Program in two weeks. 
I made my own CTR Medals
to give to the kids after the Chapel Practice on the 15th.

This is how I did it.
Supplies: Air Dry Clay, Pint Jar Ring,
Alphabet Stone Stamps, Award Plaque, Gold Spray Paint.

Step 1. Roll out the clay to an 1/8 inch thickness
Step 2.  Punch out disks with the Pint Jar Ring
Step 3.  Use plaque to press leaf impression on outside of ring
Step 4: Stamp CTR in the center if the disk
Step 5:  Insert Split Ring half way into clay
Step 6: Let dry overnight, turn over and dry the backside all day.
(If the split rings are loose, secure with elmers glue and allow to dry for 1 hour.)


Step 7:  Lay all the dry disks on paper (I used an old wrapping paper roll)
Step 8: Spray with gold spray paint (in a well ventilated area)
Let dry for 1 hour, turn disks over and repeat on the back side.

Step 9: When dry, thread ribbon (cut in 1 yard length) through the split ring.

Finished CTR Medals.

I can't wait to give these to the kids,
they have worked so hard and the songs sound great.
I hope it will be a good surprise for them.



No comments:

Post a Comment