Sunday, April 22, 2012

Choose the Right Way - Verse 2

Today we are going to be missionaries in training. 
We are going to learn about the basic gospel principles
that we will live by and teach in the mission field.

Sing: Through the gospel I learn to be prayerful
To have faith, to repent, to obey!
And I know if I live by his teachings
I will truly be happy each day.

Divide children into 4 groups.
Each group will learn one line in the 2nd verse
and share it what they learned about it.
Sing: Through the gospel I learn to be prayerful
The first thing a stalwart missionary will do is pray.
 Pray for help, pray for guidance, pray for others and be prayerful at all times.
D&C 19:38
D&C 25:12
Sing: To have faith, to repent, to obey!
4th Article of Faith
When you knock on someone’s door, the first question you might ask is
Do you believe in God?
When you ask this question you are establishing if they have faith.
The next question may be to repent of sins.
Then to obey the commandments and laws and ordinances of the gospel
3rd Article of Faith
Sing: And I know if I live by his teachings
What are Christ’s teachings?
Three main teachings came to my mind
Love one another – John 15:12-13
Do the Lord’s will
Come Follow me
Sing: I will truly be happy each day.
If we are prayerful have faith, repent, obey the commandments and follow Jesus Christ, we will feel the happiness and joy he promises.  The Holy Ghost will bring peace unto our souls.
John 15 – Law of Love
Sing 2nd verse 3 x’s or as time allows.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment